Thursday, February 8, 2018
- This month’s Mad Money drawing is for 4 containers of Popcorn.
- Student Council is selling Chocolate Roses for $1.00 each now thru February 14th.
- Student Council will have a Valentines Dance on Friday, February 16th from 7-9. There will be food and a DJ. Tickets will go on sale Monday, February 12th thru Friday, February 16th. Tickets cost $8.00 in advance or $10.00 at the door.
- This is just a reminder that students are only allowed to leave for lunch with their parents and/or grandparents.
- Yearbook order forms are in the office. Cost is $15 or $19 with the student’s name on the cover. Order forms are due Friday, February 16th.
- There is a sign up sheet in the office for any student in the 6th or 7th grade that is interested in playing soccer next school year.
- The Sullivan High School Key Club and FCCLA will be hosting a Daddy/Daughter Dance on Friday, March 9th in the SHS cafeteria. It will be a 50’s “Sock Hop” theme. More information regarding tickets, prices and times will be announced in early February.
- For only $2.00 you can send a Crush to your “Crush”! Beginning February 5th through February 9th you will be able to write a special message and send a Crush Soda that your “Crush” will receive on Valentines Day!
- Parent and student meeting for Leadership (April) and National Convention (June) on Tuesday, February 6th at 6 pm in the Multipurpose Room.
- Spring pictures for all students will be Thursday, February 22nd. We will also be taking Wrestling Sports pictures this day.
- The Sullivan Golden Arrow Singers are doing a fundraiser. For $20 you can send the love of your life a Singing Valentine and Rose. They will go any where in Sullivan County.
- The SMS Office is selling Golden Arrow Phone Grips for $10. You can pick yours up in the office.
- FCA is now collecting Box Tops. These can be turned into Mrs. Badger or in the office. The Box Tops MUST have the date on it for it to be valid.
- Lads and Lassies 4-H Club will have a meeting Tuesday, February 13th at 6:30 pm at the Turman Township Firehouse. They will be electing officers at this meeting.
- The SHS Soccer Coaches will be holding Soccer Clinics for both boys and girls from Carlisle Middle School and Sullivan Middle School, grades 6-8, at the SMS Gym starting Friday, February 23rd from 3:45 pm to 5:30 pm. The clinics will be held indoor every Friday for 4 weeks through March 16th and then continuing into April for 4 weeks. Any student interested in playing soccer is encouraged to attend. Shin-guards and tennis shoes are required for indoor play. For more information you can contact Kurt Hauger at 812-236-0281 or Perry Thomas at 812-564-0905.
- Upcoming FCA meetings:
Thursday, February 8th from 304 will be a FCA work day in the library.
Wednesday, February 14th from 7:30-8 am Prayer Breakfast in the Multipurpose Room.
Wednesday, February 28th from 3-4 in the Library.
PER MR. HITT:
- ABSOLUTELY NO SCHOOL IPADS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CAFETERIA. STUDENTS WILL STILL BE ALLOWED TO HAVE THEIR CELL PHONES AT LUNCH.
LOST & FOUND: A purse was found after the basketball game on Thursday, January 18th.
An antique gold necklace was found after the basketball game Wednesday, January
A silver necklace was found in the 7th Grade hallway on January 25th.
Please give any lunch money to Mrs. Banther in the morning 7:30-8:00 am
Lunch Menu- 2/5/2018 thru 2/9/2018 (all lunches come with milk)
Thursday- Chili Cheese Fries, Walking Taco, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Sausage Pizza, Sub Bar
Friday- Country Fried Steak w/Gravy, Beef Quesadilla, Chicken Cordon Blue Sandwich, Hawaiian Pizza, Sub Bar