Sullivan Middle School
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- 8th Grade End of the school year trip. The 8th grade class will go to Holiday World on Wednesday, May 24. The cost of the trip is $50 per student which includes ticket entrance into the park, buffet lunch, & a meal before leaving the park. A trash bag fundraiser is offered to help defray cost for those interested. Trash bags sell for $12 and students earn approximately $5 for each roll sold. Bus usually leaves around 8:15am and returns between 8-9pm. Chaperones will be needed. We will take 10-12 chaperones and they can go on first come first serve basis. Cost is the same for chaperones. Let the office know asap! Students that have 10 disciplines will not be allowed to attend!
- Gill-Go-Getters will have a meeting onThursday, April 13 at 6:30 at the the New Lebanon Community Building. Fundraising orders are due.
- Anyone interested in the Salvation Army Summer Camp at Camp Hidden Falls located east of Bedford, IN there is information in the office on the table. See Mrs. Kirschner if you need an application. Cost is $25 or $10 per person for families who qualify financially
- SPORTS PHYSICALS will be offered this year on Thursday, April 13th @ 9am. Students must have paperwork filled out & signed by a parent with $10.
We ask that all paperwork & money be turned in by April 11th so we know how many to prepared for on this day, thank you!
- Spring Sports Pictures will be on Tuesday, April 18
- Those betas going to the leadership conferencetomorrow (Tuesday) will load the bus at 7:20 a.m. in the back of Sullivan Middle School by the gym.
- Cheer tryouts for 8th graders going to high school will be held Friday, April 21st at 3:45 p.m. in the SHS gymnasium. There will be practice for tryouts on Wednesday, April 19th from 3:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. in the SHS gymnasium. At practice you will learn basic stunting, jumps, motion technique, and a short cheer and chant that you will perform the day of tryouts. Practices and tryouts will be closed to all except for judges, administrators, and coaches. There will be a panel of judges who are impartial and qualified to judge and vote. If you have any question, please feel free to contact me. Mindy Young 812-230-3205
- I apologize for the inconvenience but we are going to have to move the date and time of SHS Softball Camp. The new date will beSATURDAY APRIL 29TH. The new time will be 8-11. I would like all forms by WEDNESDAY APRIL 19TH. I will email everyone a new form.
- Songfest practice will be nextWednesday, April 12 after school until 4:00 in the 8th grade project room.
- Campaign practice will follow Songfest onWednesday, April 12 4:00-4:45 in the 8th grade project room.
- Trading pin committee and Tower of Power will meet in the 8th grade project roomThursday, April 13 after school until 4:00.
Please give any lunch money to Mrs. Banther in the morning 7:30-8:00 am
Lunch Menu- 4/10/17 –4/14/17 (All lunch meals come with milk)
Wednesday-Smoked Stromboli or Chicken Alfredo w/broccoli & roll
Thursday- Chili Cheese Fries w/roll or Chicken & waffles
Friday-No School Make up Day
SWSC CALENDAR 2016-2017
April 14 Good Friday- No School
May 25 End of Second Semester/Fourth Nine Weeks
May 26 No School-Possible Make Up Day
May 27 Graduation