When school is delayed 2 hours, there will be no a.m. pre school.
If the county declares a “snow emergency,” there will be no extra activities.
Sometimes when schools are closed, the weather conditions improve in the afternoon and evening activities out of town may not be cancelled. Check with the coaches or the sponsors if you are unsure as to whether or not the schedule remains or the event has been cancelled.
Decision to Delay/Close/Dismiss
- After a decision to delay or close schools is made by the Superintendent and Transportation Director:
- Corporation personnel will be notified by either corporation radio or by phone.
- Bus Drivers will be notified to start the bus driver phone tree.
- Channel 10 TV will be notified; the announcement usually appears in a minute or two on the internet.
- Channel 2 TV will be notified.
- County police dispatcher will be notified.
- Other radio stations will be notified. (WLEZ, WMGI, WNDI, and WWBC)
- Sullivan City Street Department will be notified.
- Sullivan County Highway Department will be notified.