April 8, 2015
Dear Parents and Guardians,
In accordance with Indiana’s approved Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Flexibility Wavier, each school and school district must demonstrate adequate annual progress within three areas: Annual State Assessment Proficiency (ISTEP+ and ECA) Goals, Annual College and Career Readiness (CCR) Rate Goals, and Annual Graduation Rate Goals. Title I schools that do not meet expectations for particular subgroups within the three areas will be identified as Focus-Targeted schools. Focus-Targeted schools have earned an A, B, or C, but have not met Annual Measurable Objective (AMO) proficiency goals for 2013-2014 in the traditional NCLB subgroups included in the ESEA Flexibility Waiver (i.e., Ethnicity, Special Education, Limited English Proficiency, and Free/Reduced Lunch).
For the 2013-2014 school year, Carlisle Elementary/Junior High School has been identified as a Focus-Targeted school.
This is the third year our school has been designated as Focus-Targeted based on data posted on the IDOE website. SY 2011-2012, 2012-2013, and 2013-2014 Focus-Targeted schools can be found here: http://www.doe.in.gov/titlei
WHY IS MY SCHOOL IDENTIFIED AS FOCUS-TARGETED?
- Our school did not make AMO proficiency goals for the following subgroup(s): English/Language Arts White and Bottom 25%; Math All Students, White, Free/Reduced Lunch, Bottom 25%, and Top 75%.
- Additional information about our school’s performance can be found at http://compass.doe.in.gov/dashboard/overview.aspx
WHAT IS MY SCHOOL DOING TO ADDRESS MY STUDENT’S NEEDS?
- The school will develop a plan that meets the needs of all students.
- This plan will include additional focused areas of services for the following subgroup(s): Bottom 25%
- This plan may include resources such as: Before-School Tutoring, Enrichment Period, Instructional Software, School Counselor/Parent Liaison.
WHAT CAN PARENTS DO?
- Be sure that your child attends school every day.
- Volunteer in your child’s class; attend parent meetings and family nights.
- Parents are needed to review our Title I parent policy and compacts, as well as our school improvement plan.
Southwest School Corporation and The Indiana Department of Education are dedicated to supporting schools and providing technical assistance. If you have any questions or would like more information, please call Glenda Jones, Carlisle Interim Principal, at 812-398-3851.