- Follow the bus driver’s instructions the first time they are given.
- Remain seated and facing forward in your assigned seat.
- Talk quietly to those seated with you.
Other Guidelines for the Rider
- The bus driver may assign seats
- Be courteous
- Do not use profanity
- Do not eat or drink on the bus; keep the bus clean
- Violence is prohibited
- Do not use or possess tobacco
- Keep your hands and head inside the bus
- Do not destroy property
- For your own safety, do not distract the driver through misbehavior
- Items not allowed in the classroom are not to be taken on the bus
Note: Indiana Code 20-27-10-2 states in part “When school children are being transported on a school bus, they are under the supervision, direction, and control of the school bus driver and are subject to disciplinary measures by the bus driver and the governing body of the school corporation.”